As a public interest organization, the purpose of the ISAE-SUPAERO foundation is to contribute to the national and international influence of ISAE.
The actions undertaken by the foundation are done so in close cooperation with ISAE and by assisting its missions to promote students, professors and research.
In the course of its mission, the foundation may:
- act as guarantor for loans in relations with banks,
- foster relations between project sponsors and companies (or labs),
- allocate financial aid in the form of subsidies or interest-free loans.
Its initial funding amounts to one million Euros.
The foundation has three main orientations:
- Support the international mobility of students and professors.
The foundation supports the participation of foreign students in Master’s programs at the ISAE Graduate School. These grants are intended for very high level students who cannot assume the cost of their studies at ISAE alone. Target countries in 2010 were Brazil, India, Russia, China and Mexico.
Support for international mobility also concerns ISAE students spending time abroad. These grants are allocated according to social criteria and the amount of tuition fees.
The foundation will also make contributions to finance foreign professors teaching at ISAE and to ISAE professors on teaching exchanges in other countries.
- Foster the development and influence of research
The foundation may support ISAE in creating new teaching and research chairs in areas that produce innovative work. It may also assist ISAE students and teachers on specific projects, such as those undertaken under the ISAE DEFI challenge.
- Encourage social openness at ISAE
This orientation intends to fulfill the foundation’s solidarity mission and will target the three main pillars of ISAE’s social openness policy:
- tutoring and cultural openness: such actions could consist in providing assistance to ISAE students who tutor school children in mathematics, physics, etc.) in high schools in the Toulouse region,
- science discovery,
- raising awareness of ISAE engineering students to disabilities.